- 1 Starting Equipment
- 2 Basic Equipment Rules
- 3 Crafting Rules
- 4 Reno's Available Equipment
Starting equipment is defined as equipment one begins play with. As such, we impose a two week time limit on the requesting of starting equipment from the date of character approval.
Basic Equipment Rules
What Can Be Obtained Legally
• Single shot or semi-automatic handguns
• Single shot or semi-automatic rifles and shotguns
• All melee weapons
What Can Be Obtained With A Special Permit
This requires both a relatively clean criminal record, and enough resources to maintain the permit fee year to year.
• Assault/Automatic rifles (Not shotguns or pistols)
• Civilian/Industrial explosives (TNT, nitroglycerine, etc)
Included weapons in the system: Assault Rifle
What Will Always Be Illegal For PCs To Own
• Fully automatic shotguns or pistols
• Grenades, military grade explosives (Posse comitatus)
• Heavy weapons (Posse comitatus)
Included weapons in the system: Large SMG, Small SMG
What Will Not Be Allowed On Game
• Weaponized/Military unmanned vehicles
• Nuclear or weaponized biological/chemical material (Except in the case of approved plot devices).
• Power Armor
Technically illegal but not usually enforced, or illegal only in certain use cases.
• Attached Silencers/Suppressors
• Barrel/Stock chopping
• Ammunition modifications
• Most Body Armor can be acquired if one has sufficient resources. Though they may be illegal to own and wear in public, even the heavier riot gear type armor can be obtained piecemeal.
Obtaining items illegally requires certain connections. Specifically, a PC will require a minimum level in Status or Allies in the following traits. Influence may also be used, but the requirement is increased by one dot. Please note, the PC must also have the Resource allotment to purchase the item in addition to what is listed below.
• Semi-automatic weapons. (No requirement, though some Streetwise would be appropriate)
• Automatic/Assault rifles (Street Crime 1 or Organized Crime 1)
• Automatic Shotguns, Handguns (Street Crime 2 or Organized Crime 1)
• Civilian grade explosives (Street Crime 2 or Organized Crime 1)
• Heavy weapons - machine guns, etc. Non-explosive. (Street Crime 3 or Organized Crime 2)
• Military grade explosives, grenades. (Organized Crime 3)
• Heavy weapons, powered explosive - Rocket launchers, grenade launchers, flamethrowers, etc. (Organized Crime 4)
• Supernatural equipment always requires justification and Staff approval.
How to Obtain
In all cases, the PC must make the Resource requirement to purchase an item themselves, even if they are using someone else's connections to acquire it. Put an +equipment/request in as normal, but for all weapons and armor, a note must be included in the =<justification> section of the command detailing how you obtained it.
• The PC has the stats required to obtain the item.
• The PC knows another PC with the required stats who is willing to use their connections to obtain it. This must be noted when the Equipment is requested. What this also means: If you are purchasing Equipment with the express intent of giving it to another player who could not obtain it themselves, for whatever reason, it must be noted in the +request.
• The PC has a noted Retainer with the indicated stats. This must be noted when the Equipment is requested.
here. Please refer to this page for all crafting questions, or drop in a +request to Dragon.The basic crafting rules we use can be found
Reno's Available Equipment
Full Riot Gear
Note: All bows come with 30 quiver arrow. There are no specialty arrows in the system.
Board With Nail
Advanced Automotive Tools
Advanced Digital Recorder
Advanced First Aid Kit
Advanced Personal Computer
Advanced Survival Gear
Basic Automotive Tools
Basic Digital Recorder
Basic First Aid Kit
Basic Personal Computer
Basic Survival Gear
Crime Scene Kit
Expert Personal Computer
Intermediate Personal Computer
Digital Lockpicking Kit
Hand-held Stun Gun
Night Vision Goggles
Portable Lockpicking Kit
Ranged Stun Gun
Assault Rifle **
Large SMG ***
Metal Throwing Cards
Small SMG ***
** - Illegal without a special permit. See above.
*** - Strictly illegal. See above.
List of Services and who can provide them.
Electromagnetic Field Detector
Flash Cotton / Paper